- Day shift
HAN Capital is adding an HR Generalist to join our growing team. The HR Generalist has the responsibility of coordinating and administering a variety of programs and activities covering multiple Human Resource activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- Lead hiring and recruitment efforts
- Manage payroll and relationship with PEO vendor
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Daily / Monthly Rersponsibliities:
- Prepare and manage job postings and screen candidates through various online platforms
- Coordinate interviews with strong candidates and hiring managers
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, track benefit changes, update employee files including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance (I-9, E-verify, etc.)
- Liaise with PEO vendor to provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- PEO vendor management includes tracking all the contractor data and processing existing/new contracts.
- Process payroll semi-monthy through PEO system
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as reasonably assigned/required
- HR experience with largely remote staff is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness ● Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Strong tact and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Able to meet tight deadlines and works well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field a plus
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Experience working with a PEO
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
$45,000.00 – $55,000 per year based on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is able to be completed as a hybrid role with 2-3 days a week in the office
HAN Capital Group & Heartland Storage Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Heartland Storage Group encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.